The Leadership Difference
LEADERSHIP WASHINGTON COUNTY IS A SERIES OF SEMINARS, TOURS AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES DESIGNED TO ENHANCE COMMUNITY AWARENESS AND DEVELOP EMERGING LEADERS IN WASHINGTON COUNTY.
Leadership Development Training
Leadership Washington County is a program designed to meet the community´s need for active participation of informed and dedicated community leaders. The 9-month program is designed to promote a better understanding of this community, build and enhance leadership skills, and develop a strong network of community leaders. Sessions are designed to be interactive and thought provoking. Participants are also expected to share their unique experiences and learn from one another.
Leadership Washington County uses the community as its classroom. Sessions are held at various locations throughout the county. The program strives to provide leadership development training focused on building strong teams, supportive relationships, and a cooperative work environment.
What are the objectives?
- Develop leadership skills to empower participants to be good community stewards, board members and volunteers.
- Improve participants’ effectiveness as leaders in the community.
- Increase awareness in the Washington County area of potential for development and growth with social, civic and professional groups.
- Provide an overview of the leadership and industry of the Washington County area.
- Inform participants of city, county and state government.
- Learn about and understand community resources.
- Assess sources of economic development and growth.
- Examine the future potential for the Washington County area.
- Opening Retreat
- Government & Legislative Day
- Law & Legal Day
- Health & Human Services Day
- Ag Related Business Day
- Business & Economic Development Day
- Non-Profit & Community Day
- Agriculture Day
- Education Day
Leadership Washington County Class IX 2022 Roster:
- Brad Earley, In Source Financial
- Paul Swanson, Enterprise Media Group
- Amy Zimmer, Memorial Community Hospital & Health System
- Jen Wohlers, Memorial Community Hospital & Health System
- Kalani Fortina, Papio Missouri NRD
- Katie Knight, City of Fort Calhoun
- Val Reyes, Washington County Bank
- Nichole Erickson, Washington County Bank
- Jill Johnson, Great Plains Communications
- Gene Tietz, Able Transport
- Samantha Vangi, Ed Schroder CPA
- Niki Herre, Village of Arlington
- Cindy Slykhuis, First State Bank & Trust
- Spencer Schultz, FNIC (Formerly Blair Insurance Agency)
- Kyle Rollins, COX Business
- Co-Chairs Ross Campbell & Jordan Rishel
- Presenting Sponsor: First State Bank & Trust